Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Working with text within div tags using css

As a new comer to CSS I sometimes find it frustrating when you can't seem to work out what is causing you so much grief with aligning text, boxes, etc whilst doing your page design. Just to let you know I use Dreamweaver MX 2004 as my design editor. Recently I encountered a problem where when I add text to a div element, the div seems to expand by maybe 5px on the right hand side. I have found this problem to be really annoying and it has happened to be on a number of occassions. So I'm hacking away now trying to find out what's causing the problem and I'll get it up here with some examples hopefully in the near future.

Also one of the major things I learnt when using CSS is that it is a good idea to zero all margins and padding of all elements when you start so that you don't get any default spacing. At least this way you can start on a level playing field.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home